Offshore - Liverpool Bay
STAFF role salary neg
week cover for 2/2-2/2-2/3 offshore rota
- All Marine aspects of the Irish Sea Pioneer and focal point for all Class and Flag State issues.
- Act as stand-in OIM to provide fifth week rota cover.
- Ensuring all tests, checks and procedures are in place prior to any jacking operation and transit.
- Ensuring adequate weather information is collected prior to any jacking operation and transit.
- Commanding of the Irish Sea Pioneer during transit voyages as marine Master
- Safe navigation of the vessel, its stability and seaworthiness
- Stability and weight distribution of the elevated unit
- Watch-keeping as required.
- Monitoring the fire and gas panel and communications, including marine VHF, emergency UHF, shore-side telephones, fax and e-mail facilities during watch-keeping shift on the bridge
- Correct loading and discharge of all fluid in the Irish Sea Pioneer’s integral tanks
- Training and supervision of all deck personnel to ensure familiarization in all aspects of operations and watch-keeping requirements.
- Frequent inspection rounds of the vessel, with particular reference to health and safety requirements, to ensure all is in order.
- On activation of the ISP GPA, reports to bridge emergency control team (ECT) as Incident Controller
- Review as per schedule company-controlled manuals and submit changes under the document control procedures to office.
- Ensure the HSSE Advisor is kept informed on safety and pollution control issues.
- Operational handover notes to be compiled for relief at the end of each tour of duty and copy to be sent to office.
- Prepare work orders and work permits, requiring isolation as appropriate to progress maintenance activities.
- Carry out effective reviews to maximize installation efficiency, identify spares required, and initiate ordering of same.
- Monitors and controls work by vendors/contractors within own remit.
- Accountable for execution of deck department planned and unplanned maintenance and assurance activities. Ensures the asset maintenance management system is updated.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course
- OGUK medical and ENG.1 medical
- Certificate of Competency as Master Unlimited tonnage (Class II/2) (STCW.95) or
- Meet requirements of MSN 1856 4.2 certification for Master less than 300GT (Class II/2) (STCW.95)
- Panamanian Master Endorsement desirable but not essential.
- Experience with a similar unit, which includes experience in lift boats, jack-up rigs or supply boats is highly desirable.
- Anchor handling or ferry handling experience is considered advantageous.
- Experience as Master
- OPITO Major Emergencies Management and assessed as part of course.
- OIM Legislation course completion.
- LOLER awareness
- COSHH awareness
- Permit to work system awareness.
- STOP and/or Synergy awareness.
- H2S / breathing apparatus.
- Advanced ship handling skills
- Recognized training course for OIM desirable but not essential.
- Introduction to oilfield / well servicing
- Marine operations of self-elevating platforms desirable but not essential