Project Engineer (Mechanical)
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 12 - 18 months
Limited company rate - up to £50 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience.
We are recruiting for a mechanically biased Project Engineer or Mechanical Engineer looking to move into a Project Engineering role to work on a long-term contract basis on a large scale projects for one of our flagship Oil & Gas clients.
The Project Engineer will provide support to our client for equipment delivery; engineering, procurement and quality expertise in a centrally managed team, providing simplification, standardisation, and procurement efficiency through project support and centralised supplier management for equipment hardware within their upstream projects across the globe.
The Project Engineer will perform the following tasks/duties;
- Providing support to client for the Global Agreements within mechanical equipment suppliers (eg Siemens, BHGE, Solar, MDT, Dresser Rand, Sulzer, Flowserve).
- Equipment includes:
- Gas Turbines.
- Turbine driven generators.
- Gas compressors.
- High energy pumps.
- Scope covers:
- Reviewing Approved Comments and Exceptions from the suppliers on behalf of client.
- Agreeing changes to the standard specifications.
- Review of Supplier standard documents.
- Close liaison with subject matter experts to agree technical requirements.
- Updates and development of technical specifications for mechanical equipment.
- Review and update of rotating machinery supporting standard documents (scope of supply, data sheets, supplier deliverable requirements lists, etc.).
- Support such as:
- Developing strategies for equipment selection, management, and innovation.
- Hardware execution strategies.
- Delivery expertise.
- Ad-hoc support for other project engineering related activities.
The role and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
- Report to project management team.
- Management and coordination of mechanical engineers.
- Direct liaison with client lead engineer and relevant client subject matter experts.
- Clarifying scope and technical requirements with client.
- Technical involvement (e.g., checking, reviewing, developing new work scopes).
- Coordinating changes to scope and priority.
- Progressing the work scope in accordance with agreed schedule.
- Good organisational, coordination and client liaison skills.
- Suitable technical (rotating equipment) knowledge to support the work scope.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications.
- Flexible in adapting to changes in scope.
Candidates must have a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, be preferably UK registered Chartered Engineers with experience of working on projects in the UK and international Oil & Gas industry.
Experience of working on BP projects is preferred.