Senior Project Manager based in Woking office
Please note this is permanent role.
Please ignore if you seek a contract role.
The position will be responsible for managing an entire project team including project engineering management, project engineering, engineering disciplines, project services, procurement and third parties. They will be accountable for delivering the project or part of a project in accordance with the contract, within budget and plan and to agreed corporate and client HSSE and Quality standards.
Job Specific Duties:
• Ensuring the delivery of Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design, Engineering Framework Agreements and EPC or EPCM projects
• Ensuring project meets or exceeds all performance targets i.e. HSSE, quality, cost, schedule and customer satisfaction
• Providing leadership in HSSE and QA/ QC. Approving Project HSSE and QA/QC project plans and monitoring effective implementation
• Acting as the contract representative with clients, suppliers, partners and third party contractors. Negotiating terms and conditions where necessary, in accordance with Company guidelines, ensuring that Company & other party interests are represented
• Delivering maximum project margin, exceeding the as bid target
• Establishing and adequately resourcing the requirements of the project, including staffing, office facilities, IT infrastructure and IM strategy, regularly reviewing the demobilisation plans of the workforce and project progress in order to minimise cost and overheads wherever possible
• Managing the initial mobilisation of the core project team to ensure that all necessary activities are reviewed with actions appropriately assigned, timescales agreed and relevant parties briefed, with new communication channels established where necessary
• Approving the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and subsidiary coordination procedures for the project. Ensuring effective implementation and supporting Project and Corporate Quality Audits where necessary
The successful candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably with Chartered Status. They will have significant related project management experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry. We require someone with very strong upstream onshore and offshore front end experience, experience of detailed design, EPC/EPCM and Operations onshore/offshore. Excellent leadership, communication and attention to detail skills are important for the role.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
Experience of managing Pre-
FEED, FEED/ Detailed Design,
Framework and EPC projects.
Experience in managing FEED,
Framework, Detailed Design and
Working knowledge of contract
terms & conditions.
Knowledge of international
equipment specifications and
Knowledge of standard
international specifications and
Thorough knowledge of Safety
and Quality procedures.
Excellent knowledge of planning
and project controls.
delegation, and leadership skills.
Excellent communication and
Tactfulness in resolving issues.
Good business acumen.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure.
HSSE & Quality Consciousness.
Analytical and problem solving