Leatherhead (with trips to China)
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 12 months
Limited company rate - £40 per hour is target rate
Project Position specific - Oversight of Chinese EPC Contractor supplier surveillance program, with frequent travel to China and worldwide supplier bases; and QC Coordination for placed orders.
Corporate Job Description -
Responsible for Inspection Management on proposals and projects; to develop, implement and effectively manage the inspection function thereby ensuring that the project objectives for health, safety, environment, quality, cost, schedule and business ethics are achieved.
To ensure that the principles of the Quality Management System and Supplier Quality Management are understood and implemented in all areas of Procurement.
Acts for the Inspection Services Manager as required.
1. Develop, issue, implement and maintain the Project Inspection Plan and associated project procedures.
2. Manage the project Inspection / QC team.
3. Manage and maintain inspection budget and resources.
4. Participate in assessing performance standards and the results for suppliers, staff, inspection agencies, systems and procedures.
5. Develop, foster and maintain sound working relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and independent inspection agencies.
6. Participate in the development of project specific supplier lists and the Supplier Performance Evaluation.
7. Maintain the Supplier Quality System (SQS).
8. Support and monitor the inspection function project.
9. Co-ordinate with HSE on matters affecting the safety of field staff visiting supplier’s premises and in the reporting of accidents and unsafe practices.
10. Ensure effective co-ordination and communication within Inspection and with the various project discipline teams.
11. Provide technical direction to the inspection and project team as required.
12. Identify improvements in the inspection work processes.
13. Undertake field agency and shop surveys as required.
14. Create or contributes to the project Quality Requirements, Material Certification and Traceability Requirements and other documents related to product quality.
15. Identify any possible inspection lessons learned on the project and contribute to the Lessons Learned database.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
1. Expected to be able to apply extensive experience and knowledge of the Supplier Quality and the principles of the Quality Management System to their roles within an EPC project environment.
2. Expected to be able to develop strategies and plans for specific projects and circumstances.
3. Expected to be able to analyse and resolve technical issues, with possible input from other technical disciplines, and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
TECHNICAL AND ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS:
1. A degree/diploma in any engineering discipline or equivalent work experience as determined by the Inspection Services Manager.
2. Preferably holds membership of a recognised technical institution relevant to our industry.
3. An understanding of HSE matters associated with our industry.
4. Practical experience and knowledge of:
· National and international manufacturing codes and specifications relevant to our industry.
· Destructive and non-destructive testing procedures.
· The manufacturing techniques and processes used in our industry.
· Quality Control specifications, systems and practices.
5. Preferably 10 years experience of inspection in a Project of Capital goods environment, comprising:
· Preferably 5 years experience of inspection in the Petrochemical or related industries.
· Preferably 3 years experience in a management or supervisory position.
1. Shall have the ability to implement and effectively demonstrate commitment to project and corporate HSE and quality objectives.
2. Shall have the ability to manage specific project responsibilities and, dependent on the size of project, have the ability to effectively co-ordinate the efforts of assigned inspection personnel.
3. Shall demonstrate leadership skills and be able to motivate assigned personnel.
4. Shall be able to develop and maintain effective working relations with other key project team members.
5. Responsible for guiding and developing the skills of project subordinates for the benefit of the individuals.
6. Requires the ability to resolve the sometimes conflicting interests of clients and suppliers to the satisfaction of all three.
7. Requires the ability to make presentation to senior management, peers, clients, suppliers and others on all aspects of inspection, expediting, quality assurance and quality management matters.
8. Requires the ability to understand and interrogate schedule and manufacturing programs.