Senior Mechanical Engineer, Fabricated Equipment
Salary range £55-60k
The projects can run from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC.
The projects can be relevant to offshore/onshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG and renewables production facilities.
- To demonstrate leadership, apply initiative, effectively communicate, and act professionally within a team-based environment.
- To perform aspects of design and engineering work and be able to lead small or medium sized project teams in an effective manner consistent with customer expectations.
- Produce drawings/data sheets based on input from process data sheets and basic engineering design data (BEDD).
- Produce technical data sheets/drawings using AUTOCAD for the drafting.
- Undertake heat transfer design of shell and tube and air cooled heat exchangers using HTRI software
- Carry out mechanical calculations of pressurised equipment and tanks according to ASME and EN13445 codes using industry recognised software eg. PVElite.
- Produce material requisitions and undertake technical evaluations
- Provide advice to others regarding; Design, manufacturing and inspection requirements of the main International Pressure Vessel Codes, such as EN13445, PD 5500 and ASME VIII Divisions 1 & 2. Materials of construction for component parts used in the manufacture of pressurised equipment and tanks.
- Attend both in-house and externally run courses/seminars, as requested by Chief Engineer.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates assigned to his/her responsibility to ensure achievement of technical standards and production schedule for each project.
- Communicate ideas that may improve working practices to immediate supervisor or line manager.
- Check and approve documents and drawings produced by others according to discipline procedures.
- Co-ordinate and expedite discipline or multi-discipline interfaces
- Assist, when required, in man hour estimates and planning activities associated with proposals and projects
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technical developments in the area of technology and with associated National and International Standards.
- Assume Project Discipline Lead responsibilities as required
- Degree (up to 3 years), i.e. BSc/B.Eng./BA
- Masters Degree. Chartered engineer Preferred
- Must have demonstrable engineering experience