View all jobs
IT Support Specialist BasingstokeBasingstoke, Hants
IT Support Specialist
Duration 6 months +
- Provide 1st & 2nd line helpdesk & support to the users in the Basingstoke offices and where possible resolution of issues.
- Daily management and response to calls logged in the company helpdesk call logging system.
- Input calls into the company helpdesk call logging system
- Build new PC’s (desktop, CAD and laptop) and deploy according to company standards.
- Provide telephone support to users as and when required.
- Escalate problems to the technical network administration team as and when required.
- Manage and support the use of company mobile phones.
- Manage and support the company telephone systems
- Upgrade / migrate software products / platforms as and when required, according to company standards.
- Any other support activities as deemed necessary by the ICT team leader or network administration team
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have previous experience working in a support / helpdesk environment
- Must have a thorough and in-depth working knowledge of all Microsoft office / desktop products.
- A good working knowledge of MS operating systems (desktop and server)
- Understanding and experience of cable patching systems
- Understanding of IP telephony, patch panel, LANS and Wifi.
- A good working knowledge of MS Exchange and email systems
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft products in general
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft active directory.
- Able to work alone and un-supervised
- Able to work as part of a small team and cope under pressure