Basingstoke 6 months
Please advise on rate sought and availability.
The main duties of the role will be to manage the company network infrastructure and technical software. Candidates must have experience gained in a similar role and preferably be CCNA qualified.
Candidates must be able to work alone and unsupervised. Please see below the person specification for further details of the role.
|Term (if Contract):
||6 Months (Initially with option to Extend)
|Full / Part Time:
||Full Time (40 Hours)
- Manage the Company Network infrastructure and Technical Software
- The daily management of the ICT Infrastructure
- Implementation of imminent projects for Virtualisation, Storage Area Networks and Backup Solutions.
- Management of current PC Images and building new.
- Management of the current and future DNS, IP, DHCP and other Network protocols.
- Implementation of current projects in the Basingstoke office including domain migration.
- Evaluation of possible / potential solutions.
- Provision of hardware and software
- Management of shared / central services (Citrix / 2x)
- Manage and Maintain Technical and Scientific software applications
- Any other network administrative activities as deemed necessary by the IT Manager.
- Must have Previous experience working as a network administrator
- Must have a thorough and in-depth working knowledge of all network protocols (IPv4, DHCP, DNS) as a minimum
- Preferably CCNA qualified
- Must be able to manage / configure a Cisco network including Cisco core and Cisco Switches.
- Experience of managing Wireless networks (Cisco)
- Experience of Managing Firewall (Cisco, ASA Firewalls)
- Cisco Call Manager Experience and management
- Preferably some Microsoft accreditation
- Able to work alone and un-supervised
- Previous experience of storage area networks (SAN) (preferably netapps)
- Previous Experience of backup solutions
- An in-depth knowledge of MS operating systems (desktop and server)
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Previous experience of Virtualisation (VM Ware)
- Previousexperience of MS hyper-v would be advantageous
- Understanding and experience of cable patching systems
- Able to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS services such as WUS
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft products in general
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.