Lead Pipeline Engineer
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 6 months
Location - Leatherhead
Limited company rate £70.00 per hour
We require an experienced Lead Pipeline Engineer to work in their campus style offices in Leatherhead, Surrey on a large scale Caspian Oil & Gas project which is a horizontal directionally drilled pipeline, the product is highly sour and very high pressure.
The successful candidate will be experienced in oil & gas engineering projects with a proven track record working on pipelines. Candidates are required to be degree qualified with previous FEED engineering experience. In addition experience in a lead capacity is beneficial. Previous experience working in the Caspian region / Caspian projects and client interface skills is preferable.
The Lead Pipeline Engineer will perform the following tasks/duties;
- Responsible for the study, design, specification and services related to pipelines including selection and layout of routes, field surveys, and material selection, coating systems, cathodic protection, leak detection, valve, terminal and pumps stations and installation techniques.
- Under broad direction, supervises and leads a group of engineers. Sets the technical standards and procedures of a group of engineers and designers. Conducts various aspects of performance management such as performance appraisal or counselling of employees with behavior or technical performance problems and assists in the interviewing, hiring, and assignment of new personnel in the discipline.
- Supervise at least one subcontractor (they are doing the pipeline design work).
- Provide technical supervision to the team,
- Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget.
- Supervise at least one subcontractor (they are doing the pipeline design work)
- Provide technical supervision to the team
Candidates will have the following qualifications/experience;
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years related experience, with average experience of 20+ years to include some construction experience.
- Administrative or supervisory responsibilities at this level include tactical responsibility for supervising engineers on all projects requiring this discipline. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.