: Application Support Analyst
: 6 months – possibly rolling contract
We are looking for an Application Support Analyst to provide services to a large engineering organisation in Basingstoke. You will have experience managing applications and conducting project upgrades and be responsible for ensuring the applications can continue to run smoothly. You will be monitoring reports and logs with a proactive approach to managing any future faults.
You will have a logical approach to solving problems, will be technically minded and possess strong communication skills which are essential for this role.
Ability to work on ad-hoc bases or full time, flexibility to work on and off site.
There is also an opportunity to be involved in Web Design and Development.
Skills and Experiences:
- Previous Application support experience, problem solving and bug fixing;
- Strong understanding of SQL Server Database, including DB Design and Management;
- Must have a thorough and in-depth working knowledge of all Microsoft office / desktop products;
- Data maintenance experience;
- Good understanding of software source control, preferably Git;
- Ability to design and document new solutions, produce technical specifications and operational documents;
- Understanding of Grails, along with knowledge of Spring and Hibernate would be advantageous but not essential;
- Actively support the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution keeping customer informed throughout the incident lifecycle;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changeable environment;
- Creative and highly motivated;
- Independent and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills;
: Relevant qualifications