We urgently require a Senior Electrical Engineer (Agency Basis) to work in Basingstoke for up to 6 months. Candidates should be available for an immediate start.
have experience of the following:
- Experience in Basic/FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil and Gas (on shore & off shore) as a Lead;
- Technically competent in all aspects of electrical engineering (Power Generation, Distribution);
- Experience in development of design of power distribution systems for electrical networks; electrical equipment specifications/datasheets for MCCs, MV and LV switchboards;
Asynchronous and synchronous generators, soft start units, VSDs, UPS systems, transformers, NER; substation, switch room and plant layout design;
- Preparation of Cable lists/MTOs; requisitions for electrical equipment/EPC ITT;
- Appraisal of Vendor/EPC bids for electrical equipment;
- Basic power system studies and specifications (e.g. load flow, short circuit, motor starting);
- Be fully conversant with IEC standards and ‘Oil and Gas’ standard practices;
Preferred qualification: Masters in Electrical Engineering. Member of Chartered Eng.
Ideally, candidates should have experience of design of Floating Units and be certified for working offshore.
There will be some business trips within the UK/abroad.